National Association of Counties
Nationwide® Retirement Solutions (Nationwide) makes payments to the National Association of Counties (NACo) and the NACo Financial Services Center Partnership (FSC) for the value of services and endorsements that they provide generally for all their members related to Nationwide's products and services. These services and endorsements include:
- Dedicated staff to oversee and support the endorsement relationship.
- NACo's exclusive endorsement of Nationwide's products and services sold in the NACo Deferred Compensation Program, an IRS Code Section 457(b) plan.
- FSC's endorsement and promotion of other Nationwide products and services sold to counties or their employees.
- Permission to use the NACo and FSC's names and logos in connection with the promotion of Nationwide products and services.
- Opportunities to promote Nationwide's products and services at NACo conferences and meetings.
- Nationwide advertising and articles in NACo's newsletter County News.
- Nationwide speaking opportunities with NACo affiliate organizations.
NACo and FSC chose to endorse Nationwide and its products and services because they believed Nationwide to be best qualified to provide the retirement education, comprehensive investment choices and superior service for public employees. NACo and FSC's endorsements are based on their ongoing evaluation and review of the products and services offered by Nationwide. NACo and FSC's members benefit generally from NACo's ongoing evaluation of the competitiveness of Nationwide's products and services. Counties and their employees are free to choose Nationwide or any other provider for these products and services.
Nationwide pays a fee to NACo and FSC
Nationwide pays a fixed amount to NACo in exchange for its exclusive endorsement of Nationwide's products and services in the deferred compensation program. Nationwide may also pay NACo in support of promotional items at NACo conferences.
This should not be considered an endorsement by NACo of Nationwide Investment Advisors, LLC (NIA) or its provision of advice, or a reflection of any NACo member's experience as a client of NIA. NIA is not a party to the endorsement arrangement between Nationwide Retirement Solutions (NRS) and NACo. NIA has not engaged NACo to solicit retirement plan participants as clients for Nationwide ProAccount®. Nationwide’s payments made to NACo are not affected by whether an entity’s member chooses to include the Nationwide ProAccount option in its deferred compensation plan or whether a plan participant elects the service.